Sunday, October 10, 2010

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I LOVE warm weather. It has just started to feel like Fall in AZ, and I have to admit, I am really enjoying it. It's a little chilly when I leave for work in the morning, and when we take Kirby for a walk at night, it's nice to have to throw on a jean jacket, instead of sweating during our walk at 9pm.

Yesterday after I got off work, R (my bf) and I took Kirbs to the park, since it was so nice. (I have felt so bad that she's been cheated out of her walks lately, but it's hot enough for us--imagine going for a walk in 100+ weather in a fur coat!) The park was crazy busy, as was to be expected, since it was the first nice weekend in awhile. R and I sat at a picnic table and read, while Kirby chilled in the grass--on a lease, of course. What I found funny was that every time someone would pass by with a dog, she would immediately begin growling if it didn't notice or pay attention to her. But when dogs did stop, she would stay silent and act as if she didn't want to be bothered by them. I found this intriguing. R and I hypothesized that her growling was really her way of saying, "Hey, you! Yeah, you over there! Pay attention to me! Stop sniffing that tree and look at me! I am very interesting!" And when she finally got their attention she acted as if her time was much to valuable to give them the time of day. I never realized that she was such an attention-whore! Over course she is an only child . . .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah sounds like Pancake! Although, Pancake won't growl at them but when they come near her she shoves her butt up in the air and is "too good for them."

Post a Comment

\